o te la fan?
The newly elected Steering Committee of Associate Members of the ALDE Party is the body representing the individual members of the Party. For the first time, five individual members – Julie Cantalou, Frédéric de Harven, Athena Drakou, Miguel Duarte and Ermanno Martignetti – will strengthen grassroots participation of liberals around Europe.
The number of associate members is steadily growing. This is good news for Liberals in Europe. But now, that we have hundreds of associate members, we need to channel their contribution to the ALDE Party and Liberalism in Europe.
The Steering Committee envisions a pan-European community of Liberals committed to making ALDE Party a stronger, more democratic and more transparent organisation. The members of the Steering Committee have developed a strategy for the next two years of their mandate. The goals will be:
· to promote the associate membership, giving specific attention to countries or regions where organised liberalism is weak or inexistent;
· to strengthen participation of individual members by setting up regional and thematic clubs;
· to promote the visibility of associate members’ activities and attract new members through the website, facebook and other means;
· to actively participate in the development of ALDE Party’s policies through the Congress, and
· to promote liberal values and the EU through the development of European-wide discussions, debates and campaigns.